Conference / Hackathon Manager at the Transatlantic AI eXchange
We are looking for a highly motivated Event Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the founder in the set-up and organization as well as assisting us and our co-host (WOW AI) with the execution of the Worldwide AI Hackathon, one of the biggest AI Hackathon events currently taking place.
As our Event Coordinator, you will directly coordinate with the TAIX team to manage and coordinate relevant to-dos, set up individual & group calls with the speakers & moderators of the events, and collect their personal information (pictures, mobile numbers, CVs) for our social media activities. The most important and for you profitable part will be engaging the speakers & moderators to build long-term relationships, and coordinating with the TAIX team in Germany.
The Transatlantic AI eXchange is a platform that aims at accelerating and expanding the global economic, social, and academic leadership of the US and Germany in the human-machine economy. Through webinars and future workshops, conferences, and one-to-one coachings, the Transatlantic AI eXchange fosters exchange on AI and creates the grounds for entrepreneurs, researchers, investors, corporations, and policymakers to build long-term partnerships.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage/coordinate relevant to-dos with the speakers & moderators
- Set up individual calls with each speaker & moderator related to the conference
- Coordinate a group call with all the speakers & moderators of a TAIX event
- Collect all information like pictures, mobile numbers, and CVs from the speakers and moderators for social media activities
- Engage the speakers & moderators to build long-term relationships
- Coordinate with the TAIX team
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong passion for connecting people and building viable lasting relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to Detail & Project Management experience
- Willing to do administrative work
- Ideally: Strong AI knowledge and Business Development skills
- Duration: minimum 6 months
- This is a volunteer role with an estimated up to ~10 hours per week
- Applicants are responsible for researching and complying with their own visa requirements. TAIX is not able to sponsor permanent visas but could potentially sponsor Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- TAIX is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer
If you are a team player who is passionate about event coordination, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and has a strong independent work ethic we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.